- This event has passed.
MANCHESTER: Build the Foundations of ChiRunning
June 1 | 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£80.00
Improve your running form and reduce breathlessness during exercise in just one weekend. A 1-day workshop that will build the foundations of your ChiRunning technique and develop your skills through practical exercises, drills and visualisations.
Book on this workshop before the May 5th 2019 and you’ll receive a complimentary ChiRunning Group social Sunday run on the 2nd June so you can put what you’ve learned into practice with other Chi Runners, It’s a great opportunity to run without the pressures of watches and time and just Chi Run as we say “There’s no WIFI in the forest but you’ll find a better connection”
Join our Certified ChiRunning coach Phil Young for this unique workshop and rediscover your joy of running.
There’s nothing magical or mysterious about ChiRunning, nor is it skipping around the park waving josticks!
It is a simple common-sense approach to moving forward in an efficient way, without over-stressing the muscles and joints with the intention of improved performance and ultimate enjoyment.
The emphasis will be on improving form, fitness, and general health and well-being. You’ll appreciate that running can be an integral part of your life rather than just an ‘exercise’ that needs to be endured. The latter more than likely leads to over-training, injury, and disheartenment.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and experienced runners alike, whether your brand new to running or an ultra runner.
These workshops are limited to a small group of 8 to ensure plenty of individual attention.
What you will get from this workshop
- Understand how your current running biomechanics are holding you back and how simple changes can create big impacts
- Learn how to reduce breathlessness during your runs
- Understand how to reduce tightness, tension, and discomfort in the body as you run
- Improve your timing and coordination to enable you to become more fluid in your runs
- Reduce the impacts on your body post run
- Learn how running faster doesn’t mean running harder
- How to build a training plan that is specific to you and delivers results
You’ll also get a video observation of your current running form and three specific areas to work on to help improve your running economy and reduce the risk of injury.
If your traveling and require an overnight stay, just let us know and we can help you out with some great places to stay.
Here’s the format of the 1-day workshop:
- Welcome and introductions
- Outdoor video observation – Individual videos with specific pointers to help improve your running form
- Alignment and relaxation – Postural alignment and breathing
- Balance – Understanding the effects of gravity on the body
- Co-operating with force – Efficient ways to create forward momentum, cooperating with gravity and ground force
- Practice: Walk to Run – Setting an aerobic pace through total nasal breathing
- Cadence – Rhythm is key to efficiency. Learn how constant cadence promotes a sense of running ‘in the zone’
- Stride-length and speed – A short step in front of the body doesn’t mean a short stride-length. Experience an increased stride-length through relaxation
- Visualisations – Visualisation is a powerful tool, words are powerful influencers
- Mindful practice – Thoughts and emotions affect movement. Mindfulness is simply being in the moment, being aware of what your body is doing at that particular moment in time
Bringing this into your running practice and everyday life will pay dividends. A stressed mind will inevitably lead to a stressed body which can lead to overtraining and possible injury. Learning to relax the mind will undoubtedly improve your running form.